BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, had my BMW for 3 months now (and I love it).

Over the last few months I have spent hours and hours and hours getting it ready for the MOT.

Fitted new discs & pads front and back, new rear shock absorbers, new bulbs in various places, tightened handbrake, paid garage to fix the exhaust, new wishbones with m3 bushes, arb brackets and new tyres for the rears.

Car went in for the MOT yesterday and failed on the emissions and ARB droplinks.

Got the droplinks today and a new lambda sensor, it was slightly over for the emmissions but he put it through anyway.

I can say that I am a very happy BMW owner today after thinking It was going to mean a new catalytic converter!

Glad I can now carry on with project compact!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Well if it doesn't have a Lambda after the CAT too the engine management doesn't know the CAT is bad.

What's my point?

Well it may re-tune with the lambda a bit over time / burn off clean etc but here is the big one!
What benefit do you have if buying a CAT now as opposed to HAVING A BRAND NEW ONE THE DAY BEFORE THE NEXT MOT?

That said I would advise you to comply with all laws including any emission regulations, gravity and even Ohms if applicable

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if it doesn't have a Lambda after the CAT too the engine management doesn't know the CAT is bad.

What's my point?

Well it may re-tune with the lambda a bit over time / burn off clean etc but here is the big one!
What benefit do you have if buying a CAT now as opposed to HAVING A BRAND NEW ONE THE DAY BEFORE THE NEXT MOT?

That said I would advise you to comply with all laws including any emission regulations, gravity and even Ohms if applicable
Cheers for that, well either way the new Bosch lambda sensor has made a huge difference. The old sensor was a bodged universal sensor which did more harm than good. I think only one figure failed which was literally 0.01 out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts