BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, my e36 compact was ran to a dry tank two days ago. After filling the car stutters and stalls. I've changed the fuel filter and now the car won't even start. I've also checked the fuse (fine) and have inspected the fuel pump (very easy to get to as the back end is stripped out.

I can't hear the fuel pump like I normally can when the ignition is turned on.

Due to the car being a conversion I'm also not sure which pump it has. The pump is grey, has one fuel hose rather than two on and the connector is only a 2pin rather than the 4. Can anyone help me?

Many thanks in advance people!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure someone on this forum must have changed the fuel pump on a compact and also on a 325. Will give eurocarpart a ring when I finish work if I don't get an answer on here.

I don't want to go ordering something without being 100% sure :)

I'm fairly sure the 325's have two fuel pipes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah the 325 pump is white and has 2 hoses and 2 plugs going into it-One for the sender and one for the pump.If I were you I would get the 325 pump as it may be a higher pressure pump.I saw a few on Ebay for around 20quid,which is much cheaper then ECP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You would most likely only need the one plug-which is for the fuel pump.For some reason there are 2 fuel senders in a lot of BMW's but its apparent that yours has one-which'll be on the nearside...as for the 2nd hose-well I am stuck there-I'll do some researching......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah not good. Some of the e36 compact fuel pumps have a 4 pin connector and some have 2 pin connectors. Just going to pop to ecp this afternoon with the fuel pump and try and get a match. I very much doubt that it will be the relay but worth a go first I guess!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts