BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have read a few forums and threads about this but needed some advice.

The heater doesnt seem to operate to capacity in the car and the heat which comes out of the vents appears to be the same temprature at 24 degrees as it is at 32 degrees. The car warms up OK and the temp needle is nearly at centre by the time I get to work (about 5 miles) and stays rock solid if I drive further so I am assuming there is nothing wrong there.

Various threads have pointed me either in the direction of the heater matrix or bleeding the system - what do you guys think?

If it is likely to be the heater matrix can this be changed easily/cheaply enough?

Dont get me wrong, the heater does work but Im sure its not working that well....and I have really noticed it this winter with it being so cold!!

BTW I have a car with climate control.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
189 Posts
Try flushing the system, Maybe just a case of silt blocking things up iirc a mate of mine had the same issue, The heater matrix was half full of silt. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how do you flush the system? similar method to bleeding?

@billy - I have read that thread...where are the heater flow valves and is this a novice can attempt?

thanks for the responses

·
Registered
189 Posts
The heater control valve is located on the bulkhead, Flush out with a hosepipe is an option just empty out the system and flush through with a hosepipe. I have added a photo of what the heater control valve will look like.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Tap the heater control valve with a hammer gently as it might not be opening fully if not you can take it apart and service it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts