BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am looking at changing my exhaust back to standard from the aftermarket stainless system that was fitted when I brought the car, this is for 2 main reasons - 1) Insurance prices are stupid with exhause declared, 2) eixsting systems sounds nice but is very loud for rear passengers and has a nick name of the "boat".

Apart from the obvious single/twin pipe differences are there any other major differences between the 323 and 328? I have looked on realoem and it looks like the 328 has two lambda probes after the cat where as the 323 system has 1 just before the cat (both 323 and 328 also show the lambda probes in the manifold).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
328 system is twin pipe all the way. UK spec cars do not have any lambda sensors after the cats only in the manifolds.
A 328 cat section and rear box is a straight fit to a 323i and will bolt up to the manifolds. You will need a gearbox to front pipe bracket from a 328 as well. :thumbsup

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks steve, thats typical about the clamp I have just had to fit the standard one to get through the mot. Ill keep an eye on the bay for both. I know there is a 323 one listed at the minut, hopefully I can get that cheap.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hi guys,

I am looking at changing my exhaust back to standard from the aftermarket stainless system that was fitted when I brought the car, this is for 2 main reasons - 1) Insurance prices are stupid with exhause declared, 2) eixsting systems sounds nice but is very loud for rear passengers and has a nick name of the "boat".
:hihi but even if you change it from a 323 to 328i exhaust system, that's an exhaust change that should be declared to the insurance company isn't it? :hihi

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is still a modification, however current insurance have said as its an oem bmw system it wont affect the policy premium.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts