BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As it says Seafoam, i just bought some and its on its way to my house in a few days.

heard positive and negative things about it,

Positive:
Cleans carbon from pistons and all other internals,
Can be used in fuel, oil and intake/crank
Clears up rough idles
Improves throttle response
and Increases fuel economy

Negatives:
May remove so much carbon that it highlights poorly sealing piston rings and causes you to have to consider rebuild (quite a hefty negative should it arise)

But i'm feeling brave and when i get home in april i will be running it through my car and posting a video to show the results, HOWEVER if anyone knows reasons i shouldnt do this or has advice on doing it then please tell me :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how can i find my build date?

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Seems a very American thing. They've made a solution to a problem that no one knew they had, complete with the clouds of smoke proving what has been burnt out.
:hihi
It does seem a very 'look at all the crap that used to be in the engine!' product.
I joined an american mazda forum when I was having problems with my 626 and guys over there seem to swear by it.

Armourer: It should be on the black plate on the drivers side suspension strut.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Don't really see the point in it, there are thousands of vans and trucks on the the road with 3 - 4 - 500 000 miles on the clock and have no engine problems resulting from carbon build up and have never been seafoamed, seems like a gimmick for,if that video is anything to go by, people who drive around with their fog lights on when it clearly isn't foggy. :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts