BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E36-320i-323i-325i-328i-STAINLESS-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-/220572990030?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item335b2cba4e

Saw this on ebay, reckons 10-16bhp gains.. any thoughts on it and is it worth the money on there?

also if i was to get it would it be direct fit to my current standard exhaust system?

:edit:
Just found this aswell, note it shows more pipes than the other link, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/92-98-BMW-E36-320i-323i-EXHAUST-MANIFOLD-RHD-/190418420398?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c55d282ae

·
Registered
640 Posts
Well it would be a direct fit, but what are you trying to get as an end result? are your current manifolds need replacing anyway?

Woud you be upgrading the rest of your exhaust system if you installed the exhaust manifold?

IMHO I think it's only worth the money if you intend on doing the complete exhaust system, the intake manifold and of course having a good induction kit - but that's just my thoughts lol

btw... Have you considered doing a 325i M50 intake manifold upgrade - which would be a good upgrade to start with (If you haven't done so already)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Not worth it, IMO. I can't really see how much of an improvement those headers are, over the stock manifold. And the BHP estimation is quite optimistic, if you ask me.

I think you would be better looking for something similar to this (design wise, not price, lol).

But, as Joe said, bare in mind that you'll get that sort of BHP (10-16) replacing the whole exhaust system with a free flow one (SS headers, decat or sport cat, sport muffler, stainless pipe).

These headers or their own, I doubt they'll provide more than 2-3 bhp over stock.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already have the m50 ready to go on, and pipercross viper, and the next plan is to have exhaust fully replaced, considering my options at the min

1 - 4 of 4 Posts