BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys just bought my new first bmw really good condition fsh,etc but theres something worrying me basically at the rear arch one side is tilted more then the other,my mate has had a look at it and he said bmws seem to do this overtime is this true? theres no noises or nothing smooth ride,also another thing i notiched was the headlights have got condensation in them? does that mean the seals have gone.

thank you.

·
Registered
416 Posts
dont worry mate its got the e36 lean ;)

Very common nothing to worry about, and if you are still worried get the suspension checked :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Most if not all e36 tend to lean a bit and end up lower on the drivers side. Mine does and it annoys me every time I see it lol
Headlight condensation is common; personally I wouldn't bother doing anything with them until the summer. Then take the glass off, clean up the seals etc , dry everything out fully and put the glass back on.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Another trick to remove condensation from the head lights is to remove the sidelight bulb. Then put the headlights on full beam and the heat generated from the bulb will dry out the lamp with the water evaporating out the side light bulb hole. You dont have ot lift a tool or get your hands dirty!

·
Registered
701 Posts
well this is what i was told about the lean is that they where desined as left hand drive cars and where set up to acomadate the weight of the driver hence the passenegr side being higher. not sure on the truth in this but all the e36's ive seen are like this never looked at other bmws

X

·
0 Posts
It is the fault of the big heavy battery they have put in the boot on the o/s.
I doubt that very much, A battery is nowhere near heavy enough to have that effect on a cars suspension.

Or are you taking the piss? :hihi

·
Registered
165 Posts
I tried putting an extra spring pad on the drivers side. I got the thickest one I could from main dealer, it was pretty cheap (a fiver I think), it has helped a bit, although it still sits a little bit lower on drivers side, just not as much now :)

Reactions: Ronnie

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I tried putting an extra spring pad on the drivers side. I got the thickest one I could from main dealer, it was pretty cheap (a fiver I think), it has helped a bit, although it still sits a little bit lower on drivers side, just not as much now :)
That's the trick, :thumbsup Turner Motorsport do them in several thickness variations. :cool

1 - 11 of 11 Posts