BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 318ti Sports Compact and looking to start doing some modifications.

As it's a compact I'm not sure what things will fit ie: strut braces, lowering springs and stuff off a saloon/coupe.

So far I have tinted the rear windows, got a stubby gearknob, just had some 18" Radial Spokes refurbed (awaiting tyres now).

Was thinking of some angel eyes, and exhaust first.

What have people done to their Compacts???

Thanks in advance :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
wel at the moment all ive done is made a accoustic parcel shelf to make sounds better but it came with 18 inch wheels which look nice as u can c, i have also had to replace both the front headlight units which are either expencive or really hard to get a pair second hand, i have put front fogs in. My water pump was broke along with most of cooling system so having the cooling system replaced and all gaskets and head fixed, all this is costing a bomb.

Want to fit a strut brace theyre bout £25 off ebay the angel eyes are bout 310 cos the are speacially made for the compact, but an exhaust is a must cos it sounds awesome without a pipe on i want to do all this aswell but current financal situation is making it a slow process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
What route are you going?

Performance or PIMP cruiser?

Personally my first mods would be windows (DONE) lowering, anti roll bars, polyurethane bushes, ECU remap, exhaust and replacement panel filter:thumbsup

M-tech body styling?

ICE goes without saying:rofl

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
As the car came with Mtec styling, it looks ok, I know you can add further spoilers to the front and also the do rear spoilers.

Probably go for the 'PIMP Cruiser' look LOL, just tarting it up a little so it looks abit more individual. Not that there are many around where I live anyhow.

The other half has a Volvo 850 which last RR did 300+bhp. As I'll get nowhere near that out of mine, might just lay off the performance mods (for now anyway) :)

The angel eyes seem rather expensive!! How come the ones on ebay are around £40 will the ones for a saloon not fit then?

Here's a pic of what the car looks like at the mo.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Instead of anegl eyes (I would rather get a decent branded set from Eurocarparts/GSFCP made by Hella etc), why not look at 'CCFL rings', whihc you just place around the existing lights by removing the headlamp lens?

To be honest, I would not bother tarting your car too far. Keep the body the same, it seems to look just right.

- Get an Eibach pro spring kit
- as mentioned an ECU remap may well be a wise invesment rather than lots of bolt on mods that will cost ££££ and make no difference.
- for added looks perhaps a rear window spoiler.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers DSK, had a look at the CCFL rings, might just go for them, though Tony has seen some complete headlights. And has bought a rear boot spoiler for it. Was looking at the front splitters but on a black car I really dont think you would notice it and the way the roads are going probably not a good idea if I want it lowering.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
front bumper splitters make me :rofl I honestly don't see what purpose they serve, they certainly (imo) do not make the car look better, they make it look like someone is trying to [email protected] it lol.

Your front end looks spot on to me, wouldn't want any more or any less ;);)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've seen a couple of cars with the splitters on, a red one and a white one, and they look ok. But on a black car nah, no point.

So, already have refurbed 18"s to go on, just need some rubber for them, rear boot spoiler on its way, looking at probably getting a new exhaust next, then lowering springs and front lights so far (maybe full lights or CCFL Rings).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts