BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has already been posted or in the wrong section.

Does anyone else have this problem.

If i have my window down while driving, the noise the wing mirror makes with the air rushing past is unbelivable, like a hissing sound, they clearly are not airodynamic and it drives me crazy to point i wont put window down any more.

Is there a cure for this other than get different mirrors? or is it just me :confused

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
you could be being picky but you can fit M3 mirrors i get no hissing from them on mine

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i probably am been picky but on other cars iv had the mirrors aint made no where near as much noise as these.

dont want to repalce the mirrors if i can help it

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
are they on secure no air getting past the base plate

·
Registered
701 Posts
mine dont make a hissing noise and im using the standard big boy mirrors lol. is the mirror casing not out of line of something. i always have my window down and never heard hissing or any wind resistance from the car

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the noise seems to come from between the mirror and the door (top part of the swivel bit) if i put my hand there while driving the noise tone changes. think i might just buy some ms mirrors. ill have a closer look in the light, as you say something may not be out of line or something.

·
Registered
274 Posts
my mates grandma had the same problem on her rover and then put some m3 mirrors on it and problem vanished

1 - 9 of 9 Posts