BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i posted a couple of days ago about my 1998 318is and the fact it was dropping revs and nearly to sometimes stalling when in idle,i mentioned that id changed the intake boot,cleaned the maf and icv and also ran injector cleaner into the petrol i also put a new o2 sensor on yesterday but its still playing up.so i thought id start the car this morning and watch when the revs started to drop,i noticed it was fine up until the engine had totally warmed up then it started playing up.il mention 4 those of u who did;nt read the last post that the car idles perfect up until it has warmed up it does'nt bounce all over the place it sits nicely at about 750-800 rpm.so does this give any 1 any ideas as to why it starts playing up as soon as it warms up.thanks again
@stk i never got chance to put it on diagnostics they did'nt have the connector for my car

·
Registered
7 Posts
As before its either an airleak or a duff sensor-If its a sensor then you will need a diagnostics to see which ones at fault.:thumbsup

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
which hoses should i check stk i had a gander this morning at every pipe or hose i could see,nothing was apparent

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can't see anything obvious then you could use a "smoker",not sure of the technical term for it is,which basically blow smoke into the intake and it will come out when any leaks or splits are

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
haha just being reading bowt that. it sounds right that if its only doing it when the engines warm the heat may be opening up a crack i cant see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts