BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guy's

Right thought i best start a thread for this conversion so you's can view the progress of the conversion and anything relating to the conversion..

The bimmer is at Chizfab in Fife,Scotland and Kyle is looking after my baby and making her into a beast :rofl told me it's 1 off the cleanest E36 coupe's he has seen :D

My bimmer been picked up and getting taken away to be stripped

The new coilovers jom's

Anything you guy's want to no or feedback please pop by :thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My new reg plate's and surround's (reg will be up for sale after the conversion is done)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking forward to this :hihi
Thanks mate :thumbsup i get as much info and pic's up as it come's along might be a little slow as with me working night's and the garage the bimmer is in isnt that close,so will update asap :thumbsup

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've bookmarked this thread now so looking forward to the updates...

if there's anything left overfrim the 318is then give me a shout!!!!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've bookmarked this thread now so looking forward to the updates...

if there's anything left overfrim the 318is then give me a shout!!!!!
Nice 1 mate thanks

Yes there will be the exhaust that is a powerflow system and not sure what else but i will post as i find out as few people shouting for the spare parts left over hahahaha :rofl

·
Registered
207 Posts
Nice 1 mate thanks

Yes there will be the exhaust that is a powerflow system and not sure what else but i will post as i find out as few people shouting for the spare parts left over hahahaha :rofl
yes mate i could do with a odd bit like maf sensor and main intake pipe unless you want to keep the engine as a whole lump of coarse:thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes mate i could do with a odd bit like maf sensor and main intake pipe unless you want to keep the engine as a whole lump of coarse:thumbsup
The 318is engine aint running so i wont be keeping it to sell as a whole piece if there is anything just pop me a p.m and i will make a list and let Kyle now what to keep off the engine :thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A nice man from Dhl dropped off my new strut brace :D

:thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New front Brembos just arrived,thanks Mr Dhl lol.rears and front pads on there way

·
Registered
230 Posts
New front Brembos just arrived,thanks Mr Dhl lol.rears and front pads on there way
Nice one! Those will be in need as iS original brakes are little weak in my opinion :)

Do they cost a fortune? I would be interested to upgrade mine also. Brakes are not the best place to save money as they are a safety feature. And as we all know "you get what you pay for"

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice one! Those will be in need as iS original brakes are little weak in my opinion :)

Do they cost a fortune? I would be interested to upgrade mine also. Brakes are not the best place to save money as they are a safety feature. And as we all know "you get what you pay for"
Thanks dude,1 thing i wouldnt do is skimp on brakes even more so with putting such a larger engine in and tweeking it so to make it even faster :lol..they didnt cost the earth but never used these Brembo 1s so i will find out once they are on the car i'm trying them with ebc pads so i see how these pad's work with the discs and see if might need to upgrade the pad's :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Are 328 and 318is breaks the same? Even the older ones IE mine 1993
No they are just a couple off mill diference but dont think the 318 caliper's will fit the 328 discs as was adviced just to buy brakes that suit my car reg but i will in time once all done do a larger brake conversion aswell :D

·
Registered
230 Posts
No they are just a couple off mill diference but dont think the 318 caliper's will fit the 328 discs as was adviced just to buy brakes that suit my car reg but i will in time once all done do a larger brake conversion aswell :D

I've heard that 318iS (92-95) has same chassis parts as 325i with only different engine inside?

I think same thing with 318iS from 95-98 but as 328i

But don't know if they match with 318iS earlier models and 328i as later model.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've heard that 318iS (92-95) has same chassis parts as 325i with only diffenrent engine inside?

I think same thing with 318iS from 95-98 but as 328i

But don't know if they match with 318iS earlier models and 328i as later model.
Mine is a 1998 but unsure if the 328 discs would fit in the 318is calipers as i was told by Kyle at Chizfab to buy with using the car's reg other than buy for the 328,so i would think they dont fit but i have also been told from friends they would but unsure so bought with using the car's reg

·
Registered
230 Posts
Mine is a 1998 but unsure if the 328 discs would fit in the 318is calipers as i was told by Kyle at Chizfab to buy with using the car's reg other than buy for the 328,so i would think they dont fit but i have also been told from friends they would but unsure so bought with using the car's reg
Mine is also from 1998 made in june and registered first time in december.

I checked it:
318 iS has: Brake disc, ventilated 286X22 Item number:34111165455 price:$85.55
328i has: Brake disc, ventilated 286X22 Item number:34111165455 price:$85.55

So same discs goes both...
It seems like pretty good deal for oem brakediscs as i bought aftermarket parts for just 10EUR less than OEM would have been.
It would be nice to see is there any difference between steel quality of these 2.

Links for realoem:
318iS june 1998
328i june 1998

Funny thing though:
Brake disc, ventilated, left 315X28 34112227737 price:$202.47
Brake disc, ventilated, right 315X28 34112227738 price:$202.47

M3 brakediscs cost allmost 3 times as much other 3-series. Same money could be spend for some high quality aftermarket parts for sure if replacing.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine is also from 1998 made in june and registered first time in december.

I checked it:
318 iS has: Brake disc, ventilated 286X22 Item number:34111165455 price:$85.55
328i has: Brake disc, ventilated 286X22 Item number:34111165455 price:$85.55

So same discs goes both...
It seems like pretty good deal for oem brakediscs as i bought aftermarket parts for just 10EUR less than OEM would have been.
It would be nice to see is there any difference between steel quality of these 2.

Links for realoem:
318iS june 1998
328i june 1998

Funny thing though:
Brake disc, ventilated, left 315X28 34112227737 price:$202.47
Brake disc, ventilated, right 315X28 34112227738 price:$202.47

M3 brakediscs cost allmost 3 times as much other 3-series. Same money could be spend for some high quality aftermarket parts for sure if replacing.
Thats a gfood bit off info aswell :thumbsup see 1 off my mates did say that they would fit but i went with the guy thats doing the conversions advice however ive bought the front now :rofl but once everything is done and if in time i do keep hold off her i will be doing a full bigger brake conversion

1 - 20 of 42 Posts