BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya lads im new to this forum and this will be my first post,im not a mechanic or claim to know everything about cars so i may not be able to help with answering alot of the questions posted but im sure i can realate to the problems some of you guys have had and hopefully i can tell you what i had done to fix it.also i would like to say a big thanks to every 1 who posts on this forum as it has helped me so much with finding my problems and also been able to fix it myself with out taking it to bmw and getting ripped off big time haha.right i have a 1998 318is coupe bowt 115.000 on the clock about 2 months ago i noticed the car started to jerk while i was driving it normally at about 20-30 mph,then when i was in idle it would sometimes drop the revs nearlly to the point it stalled then it would rev its self back to normal,often it would just stall all together.The idle is perfect by the way its not bouncing all ova the place and it only does this every now and again it does'nt do it every time i come to the lights or a junction.Iv replaced the rubber intake boot,cleaned the maf,cleaned the icv and put some injector cleaner in the petrol but this does'nt seem to have sorted it.I dont think theres any splits in the hoses,well as far as i can see. I also have a oxygen sensor, a fuel filter and a camshaft senor on the way to me in the post so when these turn up i will also change these.i also have a pipercross cone filter fitted to the car if any was was wondering this. So have any of you had this same problem if so i would love to know what it was and how you solved it.thanks 4 your time. matty x

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had them changed about 18 month back so maybe worth a change not as if its expensive to do,cheers bro

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks like you have checked/changed everything else i would suggest, Maybe someone else can advise you, Good luck. Only other thing i can suggest is Diagnostics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
First thing to do after checking for airleaks is to have a diagnostics done to check for faults stored on the ECU....sounds to me like a dodgy camshaft sensor...If it was an O2 sensor the car would be drinking a lot more fuel than it should.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah as i say hopefully when these other parts turn up they may solve it im just trying to do cheapest option 1st haha,dint know whether fuel pump may be dodgy but there expensive so il leave tha till last.whos know eh thanks for your replys x

1 - 10 of 10 Posts