BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I have a 1998 diesel tourer with 190000 miles on the clock.
The drivers side window is riding outside of the rubber guides - in part because of the wear to the rubber. The glass when fully "closed" goes beyond the recess. I need to replace the door rubbers but this alone I think will not resolve the problem as the mechanism has movement. If left to its own devices the window will operate as above but if guided by hand I can locate it roughly in place.

Two questions are the rubber guides difficult to replace and how

Is there an adjustment point on the mechanism to realign the window.

I have had a look through past threads but remain unclear

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Keith

·
Registered
216 Posts
Sounds to me like the glass is running up the outside of the inner door runners. Theres a guide on here to fix thr fault for when the windows pop off their runners. I now service these on any e36 I buy. I suggest doing this which will probably fix your problem and make sure your window doesnt break in the future, it only requires a few tools and grease and silicone spray.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info - I looked through the site and couldnt find a guide. Any idea of the title and I can do another search

Thanks Keith

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem.

Getting your window to sit back in the runners is not so much of a problem and the ruber piece you are talking about is not so hard to replace but getting your window to line up again is the problem i am currently having.

I have spent ages on it so far and might just send it into the local garage and have it corrected coz im getting P****d off.:mad

The rubber piece you are talking about can be sourced from your local BMW garage but can cost a fortune i was quoted £55!:jaw-dropping

But go to your local scrappy and you can pick one up for £10! i did and it does the job.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help

I will have a go at sorting out the window over the weekend with the help provided. I will see how it goes and let the group know

Cheers for all the help

Keith

1 - 6 of 6 Posts