BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My abs and asc light has come on but goes off now and again the problem i get is that sometimes i can hear a buzzing noise under the bonnet on the near side when im driving sometimes and sometimes when i brake it judders as if the abs is kicking in it doesnt happen often does this mean my abs pump is on its way out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Hi mate,

may well be, what I would do firstly is to get the codes read from the ABS module side. If the pump itself is playing up then it will kick up a code.

Usually when the pumps fail it is the control module mouted on them that is faulty. But it is easier and quicker to replace the whole pump.

New pumps are expensive, if you need one, get yourself a good 2nd hand one. Most of our customers that need a pump do go down the 2nd hand route.

We did have a similar fault to what your getting with a customer a while back...................he was lucky and only needed a new ABS relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.