BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to clean the engine bay on my 316i for the National meets coming up

What are the best things to clean the bay up and all plastics and the engine its self.

Some people will probably think i am mad cleaning up a 4 cylinder engine and maybe open the bonnet at shows :hihi but then i clean and polish the inside of the door shuts of my car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you have a look on youtube there are a few videos on engine detailing-some are good and some are sh*t....I advise to NOT use a jetwash though as water can get into all places that you don't want it.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have a look on youtube there are a few videos on engine detailing-some are good and some are sh*t....I advise to NOT use a jetwash though as water can get into all places that you don't want it.
Thanks mate :thumbsup

I wouldnt put a jetwash anywhere near an engine seen the problems that causes :hihi

·
Registered
65 Posts
once iv e polished engine bay paintwork, i spray the whole engine and bay in wd40 then wipe off , two jobs in one , looks a treat and protects all electrics ....

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nothing wrong with using a jet was to clean your ebgine.A mate did it on mine 2-3 weeks back and didnt have any probs with it at all.Just dont use it close to the engine

·
Registered
83 Posts
re painting the rocker cover is a cost effective way to make it look cleaner, just remember to use heat proof paint

·
Registered
884 Posts
I use a steam cleaner.......blows all the sh1t out of every corner......and the rest is sorted out by cloth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts