BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the ignition off with the wipers on they always come to rest in the upright (vertical) position.

Is this normal for the E31 or are they faulty?

If there is a fault how do I fix it?

·
Diamond BFuk Member
1,213 Posts
You need to turn the wipers off first. My 530d does this but as you take the key out the wipers automatically park themselves.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats correct when you turn them off first they do park themselves. But I would expect them to park themselves in the down position even if they are on.

I know this appears to be a bit silly but the problem is that they leave marks on the windscreen which you then have to scrub with a sponge to remove.

If its just they way it is I'll have to obviously live with it.....and remember to turn the wipers off first!

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is to allow you to change the wiper blades without potentially damaging the plastic scuttle cover attached to the top of the bonnet... you'll notice that if you turn your wipers off and try to lift up the blade it fouls.

Steve ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
Well, when I keep my wipers on and turn off the ignition they never go down to the parking position. They stop in any position as soon as I turn the ignition off.

In my opinion it's normal.

BMW 840ci

1 - 7 of 7 Posts