BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to buy a new M Tech Steering wheel for my E31 (the old one is badly worn and beyond painting) but the local BMW dealer was, as usual, ripping me off!

I was told the parts were only available through the main dealer network.:mad

I have found a site www.bmminiparts.com , Thanks to "TheEnd" and "SjFlat" for the link:thumbsup

Toby was very helpful and the prices were much better than the dealer:thumbsup

·
Registered
256 Posts
No worries! One thing I will add though (and sorry if my advice is coming a little late) is that others have had their existing wheel re-trimed with excellent results. Some have even had the M colour stitching added.

Steve

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re-trimming was not an option as I use the car every day and I also ordered a gear knob.

Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its fun to play watch the fuel gauge needle move every time I drive the car to the shops or work......but you know what, I wouldn't want to drive anything else and I've bought and sold 16 cars over the past 25 years!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi . do you have a picture of the wheel ?
with or without air bags?

I have been trying to buy a new M Tech Steering wheel for my E31 (the old one is badly worn and beyond painting) but the local BMW dealer was, as usual, ripping me off!

I was told the parts were only available through the main dealer network.:mad

I have found a site www.bmminiparts.com , Thanks to "TheEnd" and "SjFlat" for the link:thumbsup

Toby was very helpful and the prices were much better than the dealer:thumbsup

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New M Tech steering wheel just arrived with the gear knob:thumbsup

I did not realise how warn the old one was is until now.

A big thank you to Toby at BMMINIPARTS who was very helpful and obtained the parts quickly and much cheaper than the main dealer.:applause

1 - 14 of 14 Posts