BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 2 weeks I've finally finished re-building my calipers. New pistons, new seals, few coats of paint, new braided hoses to go on too.

Just waiting on the anti rattle spring kit and they can finally go back on the car !!!!

:):):):):)

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
nice job mate. when i did mine the pistons were in good shape so i just cleaned them then re-fitted. it's not a hard job and very satisfying when it's finished. :thumbsup

·
Registered
102 Posts
They look great - i found braided hoses made a nice difference to the feel of mine as did oiling the mechanism in the passenger footwell.

Rohan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Tony, wasn't at all as hard as I thought it would be, hardest part was getting them cleaned up. Looks like I might qualify for that Mechano set now !!!! ha ha ha ha !!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Nice work Burns and you were always Meccano Man. Tony on the other hand.. :stirthepot :D

Reactions: burnss01

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how can you bare to get rid of her now.
I know mate, it'll be a heartbreaker, but needs must.

At least I know who ever buys it will be getting a very well maintained car......and a BIG binder of reciepts !!!!! ha ha ha

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I can't be arsed anymore, the pain just ain't worth it, getting mine done for £95+vat each, then paying my garage to fit them.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
if i'd of had 200 quid to drop on my callipers, i probably would have. but i didn't. i'm on a budget, which is why i've always got dirty finger nails. although i do get some satisfaction from doing something which makes the car look better.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
if i'd of had 200 quid to drop on my callipers, i probably would have. but i didn't. i'm on a budget, which is why i've always got dirty finger nails. although i do get some satisfaction from doing something which makes the car look better.
I'm with you on budgets Tony and I'm more than technically capable, but the bill for the physio thereapy would come to more than the cost of the repair :rofl

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm with you on budgets Tony and I'm more than technically capable, but the bill for the physio thereapy would come to more than the cost of the repair :rofl
I am with NOS on that one...I wish I could work on my own cars, but I work 2 jobs so I can afford to take care of my need for 'auto-hoarding'....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts