BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi again...does anyone know how much for window rubber , side windows costs, is it easy to fix..or is it a garage job..still cannot stick my rear view mirror back on...help on both issues would be great:thumbsup

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
868 Posts
Jim can you tell me which side you need it for, and which number on Ronnie's drawing you need please.

I may have a used but good one. (I'm not going to charge you £151) :).

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
868 Posts
Is it no 3 as Ronnie suggests? In that case I don't have one but I have repaired those now and again when they have split. I use Evo-stik Impact adhesive. If need be I glue a bit of inner bicycle tyre tube inside the seal.

I know a couple of people currently breaking 8-series cars. Do want me to find out if they have these seals? Just to be precise: you are talking about the left hand side of the vehicle, right (the term 'passenger side' is not well defined since there are both LHD and RHD versions of the cars)? Also, please confirm which number on the drawing Ronnie posted you need.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its the passengers side on my right hand drive uk car....its the outer rubber not the gasket....it split as i closed the windows at the same time and they sliced the rubber..i think it is number 1...it says 150$ dollars not pounds on the link...cheers jim...

·
Registered
5 Posts
840 Window Seal Replacement

I have the same problem on the driver side right hand drive. I've glued it so many times but that doesn't work any more. I bought a new seal (yes, 150 pounds) but the shape of it suggests it may not be so easy to replace. Any thoughts on replacement procedure would be much appreciated before I rip the old one out!

Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts