BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. i bought a 1998 328i e46 last week. its a tidy car and got it quite cheap. it needed new wishbone bushes which i replaced this evening when i got home from work( new record, replace 2 wishbone bushes in 2 hours on my drive ). i started the car up for a few seconds and turned the steering from side to side and turned it off. when i finished the work i was going to run it up the road to check it was ok and the car is now misfireing badly. i think it may be flooded due to me starting it then shutting it off again. the eml light is also on. if i leave it overnighjt will it dryout or will i have to remove the plugs? . cheers all.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
You can flood a fuel injected car. The mixture is still rich from a cold start. If you switch it on then off again you may not have have a complete burn from the rich mixture. :frown
Very common on jap stuff like Micras, 200sx and Mazda rx8. Not so common on BMW's :thumbsup

·
Registered
11 Posts
You can flood a fuel injected car. The mixture is still rich from a cold start. If you switch it on then off again you may not have have a complete burn from the rich mixture. :frown
Very common on jap stuff like Micras, 200sx and Mazda rx8. Not so common on BMW's :thumbsup
And guess what faulty item makes the fuel mixture too lean which could lead to misfiring Steve? :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.