BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have 1998 323i the heater fan needs replacing.can this be done form under bonnet or does the heater assembly complete have to come out.it has climate control and AC,any advice welcomed thanks craig

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
What is wrong exactly with yours?

Also can you add the car details in the thread title in your threads please next time, I've added them this time :thumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the fan works ok for a while but when car is switched off,filling with petrol,going shopping etc,it will not work for a while but will come on eventually,then is ok,the fan speed alters sometimes,it sounds like a loose connection or broken wires.im guessing in the fan area thanks craig

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99 e36 323i heater fan problem.i have looked at this fault,after checking hedgehog and other connections,i looked at the fan motor itself the two wires going to the motor had dirty connections,when touched the motor would run or cut out .i removed cable tie which held wires to motor then removed each terminal,cleaned and closed the gap on terminals,then refitted with new cable tie.it is now working perfectly without fault and without cost.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Good to hear you got it fixed :thumbsup

99% of the time it's the FSU, I should have recommended checking out the connections first to be on the safe side but it's nearly always the FSU :embarrassed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts