BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. when changing gear i noticed that the revs hang a bit and was wondering if anyone can tell me if this might be something to do with the accelerator pedal being stiff/ heavy. not sure if its a common problem on 1998 323i coupe. can anyone help with details on how to fix the stiff pedal. p.s its snowing again here in edinburgh, I HATE SNOW.CHEERS. JOHN

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about the stiff pedal. even though it wont fix the hanging revs if you are right. i dont mind it being heavy but was wondering if its just a case of lubricating the pivot point on the pedal.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Could be worth a try, could change the cable too, as I suspect the lube in the old one has dried up and might have dirt in there too which is increasing the friction between the cable and its outer case.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Check the return sring on the trottle body butterfly hasnt snapped and returns to the closed position as well.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Check the return spring on the trottle body butterfly hasnt snapped and returns to the closed position as well.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
aww does Owen have baby skin lol

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
The revs hang on mine when changing up through the box, also when down shifting the revs seem to rise by 500 rpm, would this be the heavy flywheel as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts