BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy new year to you all :cheerful

e36 m41 engine

heater water valve has been ticking like a relay for a few months and now has stopped, along with the hot heating air from the vents.

rebled the system and still cold, temp is normal and sits in middle for long driving trips

i believe thermo and water pump are working the top rad pipe is hot and the bottom pipe is cold. wanted to know if any one has changed a water valve or are theses common failures can they be opened and repaired ( not another replacement please)
i understand that the water valve controls hot water into the matrix is this right on the m41 tds engine?
i will double check the fuses and wires ( not today -1 outside)

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
If you remove the heater valve plug you can measure the voltage at the plug, change the temp setting on the dash with the ignition on and the voltage will change, if it does then you need a new valve

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI,
I have a similar problem and just bought a second hand tested/working valve but it has 3 pipe outlets. I have a compact 316i without air con. The pic is the same as what I have at home and wondering where the valve is situated.

thermostat and heater flange changed brand new and overhaeting stopped and temp is normal now.
I get cold air from the vents all the time.
your help much appreciated as I am stuck..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.