BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people and thanks in advance if you can help. Just bought a BMW 316i 1998 ( R reg ) and when im pressing the brakes or indicating...theres a light on the dashboard thats flashing up. Its not coming on at any other time. Theres a loose connection on one of the back lights ( the bulbs are fine...just a loose connection ) so when I viewed the car, the reverse light and the brake light on one side wasnt working. Played about a bit with it and theres definately a loose connection there. Im hoping that the light that is flashing up when im hitting the brakes or indicating is just telling me that theres a loose connection and not that the brakes are gona fail! Anyone know?
Thanks
Kate

PS: I posted this in introductions and was told to post here too. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi :) Errr...all I know is that its to the left hand side of the dashboard. Ive done a search on google to try and find out what light it is but no joy and I dont have a handbook for the car. By the way...it only flashes up when indicating to the right but not the left.
Kate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If its not doing it when the wires are in place, could it just be that the light flashing up is telling me that theres a fault with the wires?
Looking at the above pics...it dosnt look like any of them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.