BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,
I Hope someone here can help me?
I have been having trouble with my automatic gearbox, I can't get it out of park..
When I switch the ignition on the gears lock, but when i switch the ignition off I can feel the gears unlock and then am able to move them, but like I said as soon as i start the ignition it locks again..
And then all of a sudden it righted itself, and it all worked fine again... This Happened a week ago...
then i have just gone out and parked up, and it happened again, i couldn't get it into drive i felt it lock as soon as i switched on the ignition.
Can anybody please tell me what this problem is?
and how much it is gonna cost?
and who do i need to see?
Any help is appreciated..
Thanks in Advance...

·
Registered
5 Posts
This sounds like a problem with solenoid valve 4 of the shifting mechanism. This kicks in so for example you child cannot shift out of park when you're out to get a paper or something. It let's go when you depress the brake pedal. So get that checked first!

To check: Switch the car ON, put your right hand on the gear lever, and press the brake pedal, you should feel a very very very slight knock. If you don't then the valve is not letting go!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.