BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I have recently bought a 1997 E39 Tourer and have a water leak at the bottom of the expansion tank, I suspect it is the rubber grommets leaking but can't seem to remove the tank itself.

I have removed the top covers and attempted to lift the tank vertical from the radiator but it refuses to move and I dont want to break anything giving it a bit of EXTRA lift. The diagram I have shows no other connections.:confused

Do I have to completly remove the rad and loosen anything else?

Could anyone please help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all!
I have recently bought a 1997 E39 Tourer and have a water leak at the bottom of the expansion tank, I suspect it is the rubber grommets leaking but can't seem to remove the tank itself.

I have removed the top covers and attempted to lift the tank vertical from the radiator but it refuses to move and I dont want to break anything giving it a bit of EXTRA lift. The diagram I have shows no other connections.:confused

Do I have to completly remove the rad and loosen anything else?
Finally gave up and worked out the time/cost/grief factor involved,versus the good advice on here and opened the wallet for a new complete rad unit (with expansion tank) cost £75.

Many thanks for the advice guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.