BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've recently bought e39 520i for a quite good price, but there were a few things I had to change. First of all, I have replaced one of the anti-freeze hoses (the one behind the engine). Second thing that came out was steering column was leaking, so I had to replace that too. I wanted to look at the heating aswell (it gives only cold air, but no heat). Because someone forgot to close the boot properly, my battery was falt in the morning. It was charged again, but the car won't start now. Starter is fine and working, but the engine just won't start. We did diagnostics and a fault that comes out is "D1 signal, EWS manipulated". Also things on printed receipt appeared, like "random key code - not ok", "code lenght - not ok" , "DME - disabled". Previuosly, I could only lock my car with the fob, but when I came to the garage, I could lock and unlock the car! We took out and charger battery for a good few hours, then we put it back again. Once I've tried to turn the ignition on, first time in my life I've heard that typical BMW beep when you turn on the ignition (it wasn't there before). Also when I've locked my car with fob and unlocked with the key the alarm (factory fitted) started beeping and hazard lights started flashing (I only had falshing before, but no siren). Tried starting it again - the same thing, starter is running, but not actually starting the engine. Unplugged the carger from the battery - no beep when you turn on the ignition and alarm doesn't work anymore, only hazards flashing. Synchronized the key (only got one) according to YouTube - BMW E39 changing the key battery - Part 2 .Didn't help at all. Connected computer to it - recoded EWS, DME and Car/Key memory, printed out another summary - "random key code - ok", "code lenght - ok", "DME - enabled" but D1 signal, EWS manipulated" still there. Erased it - still appears everytime you turn the ignition. Tried starting it again - the same issue. Although, my mechanic said, that before he couldn't start the car, but fuel injection and sparks were working (he could see petrol on the sparks once he took them out, you could smell petrol in the whole garage), when we took them out last time - injection and sparks are not working. Don't know what else I can try. I took out the battery again and left it to charge through the night, hopefully it'll reset ECU... Only thing I haven't done today, I haven't cheked if the battery has at least 12v now. Has anyone got any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts