BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be wrong but I seem to remember seeing 'chromed' ( or stainless steel) grills which fit over the standard painted Z3 vents ( bank of 4 ) on either side of the bonnet!
Are these a standard BMW accessory or, are they after-market? Also what would one expect to pay for them and if they are after-market, where is the best place to get them? My model is black so, I think they should look ok!

Edit: As the Z3 is lacking in space, can anyone recommend a suitable chromed/SS boot-rack, preferably one that clips on, rather than bolts on?

Thanks in anticipation.
Tony

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I may be wrong but I seem to remember seeing 'chromed' ( or stainless steel) grills which fit over the standard painted Z3 vents ( bank of 4 ) on either side of the bonnet!
Are these a standard BMW accessory or, are they after-market? Also what would one expect to pay for them and if they are after-market, where is the best place to get them? My model is black so, I think they should look ok!

Edit: As the Z3 is lacking in space, can anyone recommend a suitable chromed/SS boot-rack, preferably one that clips on, rather than bolts on?

Thanks in anticipation.
Tony
Tony this might give you an idea of what other chrome parts are available as well:

http://bmwfans.info/original/Z3/roa/Z3 2.8-M52/ZA/R/N/1998/01/mg-51/ill-51_4450/#3

as the gills might look a little lonely on their own! :)

Reactions: tonycsm

·
Registered
95 Posts
im sure u can replace them with what look like z8 vents, my mate had some on his z3. instead of louvres like standard, it had a chrome line thru the middle.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks for the heads up on the vents Pangster - I'll look into it.

However, out of curiousity has anyone actually fitted a set of the chromes to a 'black' Z3? Do they look good or do they look 'over-done' against the plain black body? There's very little by way of chrome on the body of my Z3 and just wondered if they'd look out of place?
Opinions welcomed!
Regards...
Tony

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Many thanks for the heads up on the vents Pangster - I'll look into it.

However, out of curiousity has anyone actually fitted a set of the chromes to a 'black' Z3? Do they look good or do they look 'over-done' against the plain black body? There's very little by way of chrome on the body of my Z3 and just wondered if they'd look out of place?
Opinions welcomed!
Regards...
Tony
no problem! :)

are these any good?:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no problem! :)

are these any good?:

QUOTE]
Hi Pangster,
they certainly look good on the blue model and by the looks of on the black too - I've just been on ebay, looking at Z3 bits and spotted them.
I certainly need a wind deflector LOL It was tooooo cold with the top down - maybe I'm just getting soft!
Thanks again for the heads up.
Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts