BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, So I drove home from work last night and parked my car, a few hours later i hear this weird "popping" sound and a few blips/beeps from the alarm which progressively got worse but never constant. It sounded like R2D2 was living under my bonnet and had learned to pop. It almost sounded like the pop was from the fuse box but the siren is right under that so could be that itself but I was unable to fix it and since my neighbours and I were going insane with the noise I just had to use the key to turn the siren off for now. Was hoping someone on here had the same problem and knew what it could be? Is the siren itself going bad or is it some other electrical issue? I read that it could be because of an aftermarket radio which came with my car but it has been fine for the past 6 months.

The alarm and popping goes off when the car is locked, open and while driving also but is never constant.

Any Ideas?

If It's helpful I drive a 1997 1.9L Z3 and the siren I switched to off had the part number 82 92 9 404 857

Many thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's possible internal battery in the sounder had reached the end of its life. In my E39 when I had similar behaviour - but not the popping noise - I had to replace the sounder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the Input, I may just try replacing the sounder then and see if that fixes it, hopefully i get some time to do that soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts