BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have the above M3 and want to buy lowering springs with minimal lowerting, preferably up to 15mm. The thing is I have used lowering springs before and found ones that lower 25mm + cause the car to bottom out and / or hit bumps stops over small bumps and pot holes. I assume they do this because they reduce the travel of the shock so much that it is riding close to the bump stops, so when you hit bump/pot hole it bottoms out, this and they aren't stiff enough.

I saw the Schmeidman website and they do lowtech springs that lower 30mm but they say that cars with sport suspension should minus 15mm from their stated drop as sport / m-tech suspension is 15mm lower from factory. So does this mean that Lowtech 30mm springs will lower my E36 M3 by 15mm? I would be looking for only 15mm drop and would be greatful if you could find out if these are in fact only 15mm.

Thanks

Kash

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mate but eibach are also a bit low for me. I want something slightly higher but lower than OEM. besides Eibach lower much mroe than their claimed 25mm front!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
496 Posts
With such a specifc ride height required its got to coilovers mate!:hihi I'm sure you can find some with spring rates that will be comfortable. If you want to try my ap's your welcome any time. The ride on these is better than standard shock & lowerering springs!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steve, i'm intrigued so will call you now!

Steve, cheers mate i think i may take you up on this. i have had the HSD's before but didn't like them due to very small amount of droop in the shocks (what we talked about when you pciked the strut brace up) but if the AP's have enought droop and don't hop and skip when driving fast over bumpy roads then I may buy them.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have madeone's lowtec 40mm lowering springs on mine. Not had a problem with them bottoming out :thumbsup
Hello mate. Steve just told me to pm you about the Lowtec springs. Just a few questions if i may:

Are the springs fitted in the pics in your signature?
How does it ride overall?
Has body roll reduced considerably?
Are they considerably firmer over OEM? (firm is nice)

Thanks

Kash

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello mate. Steve just told me to pm you about the Lowtec springs. Just a few questions if i may:

Are the springs fitted in the pics in your signature?
How does it ride overall?
Has body roll reduced considerably?
Are they considerably firmer over OEM? (firm is nice)

Thanks

Kash
No the springs in my pic are oem springs from an M3 Cabriolet with Bilstein shocks.
I like the ride-it is a fair bit firmer than the OEM springs were. I have used them for around 4 months now and there is less body roll. I think perhaps my older springs were well past their use by date because they were quite bouncy in comparison to the new ones. The drop is only a few millimeters more now than the springs I had on before-whereas the old springs were bottoming out I have not had the same issue with the new springs.

Personal preference for me is springs over coilovers due to the need for coilovers to be correctly adjusted and the ride been quite harsh too.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback mate. I have fired a few questions to Chris so will wait for his response and then make a decision.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts