BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me what this is called as i need a new one asap and also wtf they made them from cast alloy with all the torque and power that the m3 has sometimes i wonder why bmw makes such poor parts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fantastic mate you the man thanks alot do they make reinforced ones as im heavy on the throttle quite alot and very quick of the clutch thats how you meant to drive m3s tho aint it lol thanks again

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
It's known as the boomerang (although not by BMW, so don't ask for one at the parts desk, you'll probably get told to come back in an hour)

There are reinforcement kits for them, but is looks like a cast alloy to me, and the kits look like weld on plates.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when you say special cast rods does that mean i will need an arc welder to weld them on or are you talking about the reinforcement bars

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool im gonna have to get something made so this doesnt happen agaon i may go see a prescision metal place see if they can make 2 braces for the cast plate out of steel and put longer bolts in and then weld the 2 sides together i have seen the brackets on driftworks but they sell them at 286 dollars so easier to make a reinforcement i think

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
if you use a 1.6 rod on low amps you should get a good weld but I wouldnt recomend a diy job of it as you may get lack of fusion and it will make it 10x worse if you know someone with a tig welder that would be alot better as the amps are more controlable for welding on cast.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts