BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its the chip that im more bothered about because ive bought a lock set with a key because my locks were worn, now it comes with a key thats same as mine but the chip inside will be different so im looking to swap them over can it be done without programming it again

·
Registered
116 Posts
Doh just looked at that how-to and realise its for the battery swap.

I'm pretty sure that it can be done but someone will confirm for you soon.

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
its the chip that im more bothered about because ive bought a lock set with a key because my locks were worn, now it comes with a key thats same as mine but the chip inside will be different so im looking to swap them over can it be done without programming it again
You need to swap the little black chip over as this is what sends the correct signal to complete the EWS circuit:thumbsup

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You buy a lock set from the main dealers? If yes then the chip should be installed and programmed for your car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no i didnt my budget dont stretch that far im affraid, the lock set ive bought is from a bmw breakers near where i live it comes with the key for that set

1 - 8 of 8 Posts