BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Between the BMW manual and visual checks I have determined which bulbs I have fitted to my 1997 E36 saloon in the instrument cluster, left to right:

Front Fog - Yes and it works
Rear Fog - yes and it works
Diesel Plugs - N/A for my car
Roll Bars - N/A for my car

CHECK ENGINE - Not fitted and doesn't look as though it ever had one! Should I fit one? :confused
Indicators (Trailer) - N/A for my car
Auto box - N/A for my car
CHECK CONTROL - Fitted (new bulb), but doesn't light (see photo of start-up lights)
Seatbelt - Yes and it works
Blank
ABS - Yes and it works

Brake Wear - Yes and it works
Brake Hydraulics - Yes and it works
Handbrake - Yes and it works
??? - Not sure of the symbol and haven't got it fitted anyway.
Airbag - Yes and it works

So what have you got? :D

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Not entirely sure :confused

Don't know if the wiring is there or the DME has the programming to flag the light up when a problem occurs, be good to find out though :hihi
I might try and put a bulb in mine and do an actuator test on the mil lamp with the Kts and see if it illuminates. :thumbsup
Would be nice to have a Mil lamp for the warning :hihi

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Between the BMW manual and visual checks I have determined which bulbs I have fitted to my 1997 E36 saloon in the instrument cluster, left to right:

Front Fog - Yes and it works
Rear Fog - yes and it works
Diesel Plugs - N/A for my car
Roll Bars - N/A for my car

CHECK ENGINE - Not fitted and doesn't look as though it ever had one! Should I fit one? :confused
Indicators (Trailer) - N/A for my car
Auto box - N/A for my car
CHECK CONTROL - Fitted (new bulb), but doesn't light (see photo of start-up lights)
Seatbelt - Yes and it works
Blank
ABS - Yes and it works

Brake Wear - Yes and it works
Brake Hydraulics - Yes and it works
Handbrake - Yes and it works
??? - Not sure of the symbol and haven't got it fitted anyway.
Airbag - Yes and it works

So what have you got? :D
Mine are exactly the same as yours mate :thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Mine are the same as well mate except abs and pad wear don't light up as I removed the bulb from the wear light and pulled out the fuses and relays for the abs because they were always on! Yeah I know it doesn't fix the problem it only hides it!! ;) Oh and check control light doesn't light up on start up it only comes on when there's a warning given on the obc display e.g low washer level or bulb out etc

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, replaced airbag light and now on permanently as Carsoft reports a code 5, 6 and 19 (drivers belt tensioner firing circuit, pass belt tensioner ignition circuit and batt. terminal). Think I may have to take it out again or remove the fuse!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.