BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive recently purchased the above car which im begining to get to grips with however the car came with M6 replica 18 inch wheels fitted. I have a problem with the car wandering and tramlining im not sure tyre pressures anyone got any ideas or what else could cause the prob, it has 225/40 ZR 18 tyres fitted they are Runway Enduro tyres which probably came with the wheels when purchased they have plenty of tread all round they look almost new! thanks for any help :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Open the drivers door and check the B-pillar.there is a label there telling you what tyre pressure you should have.Could be the tyres arent that good.Also check the bushes etc...and if all is good then have the alignment done :thumbsup

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
tyre pressures are inside the drive door shut...

Regardless of size the pressure is nearly always the same, just be sure not to over inflate them espeically in this weather.

Tramlining could be down to the brand of tyre (never heard of runway ditch finders :hihi) or worn bushes/tracking.

HTH :thumbsup

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As a follow up ive just checked the post for the pressure chart and the nearest to my wheels/tyres are 235/40 zr 17 for x2 people 2.4 front 2.5 rear
for full load 2.7 front and 3.2 rear will try these lower pressures first and see how i get on thanks again ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts