BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill try and keep it short and sweet, cheers in advance for any help, I really want to get this sorted now.

Bought the car in spring last year with one fob, its never worked in my ownership (3g MK2 system). I replaced the battery a few months back to no avail, and today finally found time to get behind the glove box and see whats going on.

Ive carried out both the key to 2nd click and receiver switch resets with no luck. At no point was any noise made by the alarm, or any locks activated.

As well as this, the passenger door only locks directly and doesnt respond on central locking. Additionally the door used to be unlockable by opening from the inside, if I try that now the lock pops back down again as quickly as it came up as soon as the handle is released, so it has to be unlocked by key from the outside.

With these symptoms, Im guessing at the very least I have a confused alarm system and faulty N/S actuator. Im thinking maybe my lock needs work/replacing on the NS too, and theres something more serious up with the alarm system with it making no response atall?

The window systems and locks could do with a check over anyway as the previous often get half way and head back down on a one touch press and the latter often dont open when its very hot or cold unless you bang the door.

Ive recently had a good check over the boot loom and cant find any signs of damage thankfully.

Ideally Id prefer to get the OEM system working but if it becomes a nightmare job Ill go aftermarket. On a small sidenote, what are the possibilities with the use of the later key integrated fobs in the UK? Plenty of stuff online from America using them but not so much here.

Cheers again for any help.

Harris

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Give up on the integrated key, it requires a receiver in the rearview mirror and a compatible ZKE (central body electronics). I've never seen it done.

The car has double locking, a door locked from the remote or outside cannot be opened from the inside, the knob rises and falls but the door cannot be opened. Prevents a window smash and break in.

Have a buzz around the supplies for the alarm, make sure they are there, there shouldn't be any reason to prevent you learning the remote and getting some activity, unless they remote itself is shagged.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts