BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
I have a bit of an issue with my front near side brake sticking on. It started in January but as the pads where very low I replased them and it was fine up to Saturday just gone where it started again. It is not noticeable while moving but at slow speeds you can feel it is on. That and after a run you can feel the wheel is much to hot. This in turn has burnt my new pad so I need to replase it again. Someone has said it might be the wheel bearing has gone, but it just dosent feel or sound like a wheel bearing. Any help or ideas welcome...

·
Registered
E83 3.0 X3 2004
151 Posts
Sounds like the caliper is sticking, you should be able to get a refresh kit to get it bake to normal or pick up a new caliper. I would replace the discs as well as running hot will not be doing them any good.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sounds like sticking caliper. You will need to remove caliper, and push piston back and forth to free off. Be careful though, that you do not push out the piston. If it still persists, you may need a new caliper.
Depending on how long this has been happening for, you may have put excessive heat into the disc, in this case, you will need to replace it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts