BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.
Just joined and following a search about I needed to ask advice on splicing in the universal single electric tow electrics.
The towbar kit has come with some notes on colour coding. The main point that Im thinking about is where to get into the loom and where to take the cable from the outside into the inside.

Many thanks.
Andy

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi.
Just joined and following a search about I needed to ask advice on splicing in the universal single electric tow electrics.
The towbar kit has come with some notes on colour coding. The main point that Im thinking about is where to get into the loom and where to take the cable from the outside into the inside.

Many thanks.
Andy
All the wires for the rear lights run from the front, down the passenger side and then across the rear of the boot to the driver side. You should be able to find a suitable bung to remove and splice directly into the loom that passes across to the driver side (Except left indicator) in a central position. IIRC you'll need to remove the black plastic covering that surrounds the boot lid latch to expose the wiring?

When are you doing the wiring? I may be able to get photo's for you if it's not before the weekend:thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hiya.

Many thanks for the reply.
Possibly this weekend - snow has prevented progress recently.
All the best.
Andy
Please keep us posted on your progress:thumbsup

I also think I may have stumbled accross something in the Bentley Manual the other day about tow bar electrics. PM me closer the time and I'll see if I can dig it out for you:thumbsup

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wiring the trailer electrics

Hi THere.
Gonna go for it this weekend - metalwork first.
If you aren't out enjoying the sunshine, would really appreciate the info you mentioned. Cheers, Andy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts