BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the whole BMW game and don't have much mechanical experience. My car seems to run fine and idle regularly. The check engine light is on and when my friend ran it through his new snap on OBDII reader it showed 7 codes. In my state your car wont pass inspection with the light on and it needs to be driven. The car past inspection last year fine so all 7 codes came up within a year. 2 fuel loops, 3 o2 sensors, low coolant temp, and i cant remember the other.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You got the code numbers?

If no can you get them. Also see if you can get them in Non OBD as well, the BMW specific codes are better than the OBD ones. :thumbsup

I can say you have 4 Lambda sensors(O2 sensors) so will be worth checking everything properly or it could get expensive.

How warm was the car when he tested it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll see what I can do for posting the specific codes later on tonight or tomorrow. I believe that the rear o2 sensors are new. I was told that when I purchased the car. The car was sitting for a week or so before it scanned it due to a rear axle issue.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
You would need the car as hot as possible to get a credible reading on the emissions and OBD reading :thumbsup If you can get the codes it will be cool, but OBD will be alright, just not as accurate.

I've replied in your engine conversions thread also :cool

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you, ill get the codes as soon as I can, as well as posting a picture on my other thread. Thank you for helping me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts