BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i went with a friend today to pick up a new car (E36 328i sport coupe :cool and done alot of motorway driving, my car ran lovely BUT its hard to keep it in a straight line, seems to wonder from side to side :confused what could cause this? am thinking about new bushes anyway could this be the reason? worn bushes??? its lowered by about 65mm if this makes any difference? nothing majoy but just annoying :mad :hihi

·
Registered
7 Posts
When it was lowered were shortened droplinks put on.I believe this can affect it and also worn ball-joints can pull it to the side

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When it was lowered were shortened droplinks put on.I believe this can affect it and also worn ball-joints can pull it to the side
nah it was just a coilover kit fitted mate, much like the hottuning kit. where can i get some new shortened droplinks mate? are they hard to fit?
thanks for the quick response :thumbsup :hihi

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it has done 126k miles now and the standard setup was very much passed it, so as i had not alot of cash i replaced it with a cheap coilover kit, seem to be alright but now seems to be getting worse. i have changed the wheels and tyres since then aswell???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, first proper post so please dont shoot me :hihi

When was the last time you had the tracking/alignment done? Has it been done since you lowered the car?

Wandering like you describe is often the result of something at the front of the car, more likely than not your toe settings, but camber will influence it too. I'd vote you're running some toe out - that could be your problem.

Personally I'd eliminate the alignment being the cause before changing the bushes. :)

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi, first proper post so please dont shoot me :hihi

When was the last time you had the tracking/alignment done? Has it been done since you lowered the car?

Wandering like you describe is often the result of something at the front of the car, more likely than not your toe settings, but camber will influence it too. I'd vote you're running some toe out - that could be your problem.

Personally I'd eliminate the alignment being the cause before changing the bushes. :)
thanks dude, someone said this to me the other day so i will try this beofre i go and spend a fortune on a powerflex kit :thumbsup

welcome to the forum mate :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts