BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just wondered if theres any recommendations for tyre sizes.ive currently got 18 inch mv2 alloys. 225/40/18 on the front and 255/35/18 on the back.im experiencing tramlining and was thing that if i make all the tyres the same size it may reduce the effect..

·
Registered
216 Posts
I was under the impression using the same sizes on the front and back causes tramlining and that is why you stagger the sizes.Im running 235/40/18's on my compact, seems fine.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so your running the same on all fours?..i was under impression that cos my tyres are wider at the back when i switch lanes the car can throw itself

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its annoying as there only a few months old..the tyre centre put them on for me..they advised me to put them on but im convinced its never driven as well since they replaced them with different size

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was kinda convinced it was the tyres as ive had abit of work done...

full coilover kit
new discs and pads
engine mounts
rear trailing arm bushes
wishbones
front lower rear bushes
brake lines,pipes
anti-roll bar drop links
plus more work

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Look for a pair of wider rears. I had 8x18 wheels f+r, with 225/40 and 255/35 tyres, then got a pair of 9x18 rears, and put the 255's on. I definitely felt a firm ride then. I know it's only an inch, but width matters. Amongst other things. LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts