BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

just wondered what the best mods are for my e36 328i Automatic?

ok ok, its an auto,lol but its quite nippy already but want a little more power, without making it manual.

Thanks vic x

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
You could start with something like the M50 manifold conversion. Do a search and you will find loads of info on it. You could also combine that with a induction kit provided it has a properly made heat shield and then a remap from someone like TheEnd.

That should see you with at least another 20-30 bhp easy peasy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M50 manifold conversion, you'd get about a 25bhp increase, add a remap into the mix as well, and you could be up to 230-ish bhp from 193, so there's a lot to gain.
will i need just the m50 manifold for will i need a fitting kit aswell??

Thanks vic x

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
slap a manual box on it and M50 manifold with a TheEnd remap

·
Registered
516 Posts
ok can you not just buy an M50 inlet manifold from a breakers yard and fit it using all the throttle body ets from the M52 as I'm looking into doing this also of would I be better off just buying a complete kit?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
ok can you not just buy an M50 inlet manifold from a breakers yard and fit it using all the throttle body ets from the M52 as I'm looking into doing this also of would I be better off just buying a complete kit?
More or less, use search on here and you will find it wise to acquire all the supporting bracketry and some bits and bobs for the ICV

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
slap a manual box on it and M50 manifold with a TheEnd remap
Cheapest way to make an auto quicker....... make it manual and in a lot of cases insurers don't care (but ask)

Similar thread

(yes I know the OP says "without making it a manual" but unless you can't drive a stick it is the best answer)

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
how much hassle is it to fit a manual box? what would i need? apart from a box,lol

vic x

Off the cuff:
  • Flywheel
  • Clutch
  • Clutch slave cylinder
  • Clutch flexible line
  • Clutch hard line
  • Clutch master cylinder
  • Clutch pedal and associated fixings
  • Pipe from Brake reservoir to clutch master
  • Complete gearbox mount (hopefully still on the box)
  • Propshaft - actually not sure ifauto would fit
  • Bracket on tunnel for gear lever
  • Gear lever and knob, hopefully comes with box
  • Various nuts bolts and fixings
  • Some wiring
  • Brake / Clutch fluid
  • Gearbox oil
  • Interior trim
  • Some one to do it for free ideally

·
Registered
53 Posts
i found that the m50 manifold is a definate, but i also found that a k&n panel filter in the airbox works better than an induction kit, the automatic seems to rely on some info from the MAF and changing the filter to an induction seems to affect the gearbox changing and kicking down in the correct way, just my opinion and what i seemed to find from experience.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts