BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi please can you advise which oils I will need for the box and axle. The car doesn't have LSD. Please advice quantity as well. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi i used Redline D4ATF which is for auto but works a treat in manual ,gear changes are silky smooth need aprox 1.2ltr for gearbox .the diff i used Redline GL-5 75/90 diff oil approx 1.6 ltr all bottles are in American quarts which is 0.94 ltr so you need 2 bottles of each ,i got mine from demon tweeks .:thumbsup

·
Registered
528 Posts
Opie recommended me these : Fuchs ATF3000, 5000 or Redline D4 in the gearbox (the manuals use ATFs) and the Castrol Saf-XO if it has an open diff. Does an oil change help with the gearchange? not got round to doing mine, its fine normally, but on the cold days it can be a bit stiff for the first few miles, obviously this is 'cos its thickening up due to the low temp, but would new oil help this?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Dont stick any old oil in your gearbox as there were some changes to the fluids used there is a sticker on the side of the box giving you the correct one to use.

Some use MTF and others ATF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts