BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says i have a wierd intermitant power delivery problem, 75% the car drives as it should (i think lol) in that it pulls like a train from quite low down the rev range, the other 25% of the time it seems quite flat until it reaches 3000 rpm, the turbo comes in, but it still doesnt pull right.................i've tried to pin it down to certain circumstances,only to say it plays up worse when its a warm day,could it be the EGR valve ? how do i disconnect this ? any other suggestions ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Hi Shrekky,

If you do a search for Doug1234 posts he can describe better how to block the EGR valve but essentially if you remove the plastic 't' shaped cover from between the head and inlet manifold you'll see the EGR valve bolted on the intake of the inlet manifold there's a metal pipe connected to it that runs to the exhaust manifold, its clamped by two bolts to the side of the EGR valve, if you slacken them off you can slide it backwards and insert an old 2p coin, and then fasten the bolts up (don't overtighten) and it's now bypassed.

As for the intermittent power problem sounds like either the boost sensor pipe is cracked or blocked it's location next too your cars 20pin obd and is connected by a pipe to the inlet manifold (underneath about centre), replacing pipe should resolve issue if the EGR valve is bypassed no more gunk from the exhaust getting into the intake manifold.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top