BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i have a 1997 325tds se and am having problems with the water temp on it.
The car on times can be a bit lazy to start turns over quick but not firing, The temp goes up under a heavy load, checked the water level and thats ok and no bubbles if run with the cap off. The fan runs all the time as it should. and the heaters blow air as they should too. any ideas lads think it could be thermostate or water pump.:confused

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Where does the temperature gauge sit when the car is being driven normally? And how long does the car take to get up to temperature?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normaly the temp sits about half way, and takes about 5mins to get up to normal temp. At the moment when warm the car idles about 50% on the temp gauge but when u drive it e.g up a hill the temp rises up towards the red. I've had the car a couple if years and this is the first time I've had any trouble. Cheers for your help.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine does the same, reaches operating temp too quickly and overheats + loses turbo on long inclines (loads of them here in Scandiland). It has galactic miles on it and I've bought a water pump in anticipation having read tonnes about the rotting plastic impellers the originals are fitted with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts