BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right further to a previous thread thought id start a new one, short of it bought now wishbones x 2 for my e36 323 Mtec sports suspension, the guy told me they would fit, but checking the part number on google it came up with fits all e36's except M3, so not sure if they'll fit, dont want to take to the garage to have them fitted to find out the dont costing my money for sod all and a waste of his time and mine.

whats the difference between m3 suspension and Mtec sports suspension fitted on my 323.

Found a diagram on realoem.com

now is the only thing that separates the m3(mtec sports suspension) and my e36 323 the bush numbered (05)

heres whats written regarding no. 05

05 Set rubber mounting f wishbone 1 31129059288 $33.31

For vehicles with M Sports suspension S704A=Yes
05 Set rubber mounting f wishbone 1 31129059288 $33.31

For vehicles with Motorsport suspension, indiv. series Avus
05 Set rubber mounting f wishbone 1 06/1992 31129064875 $106.86

So is the wishbone exactly the same as the M3 appart from that one bush number 05.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
im so thick i have the power of the internet

ok so i done exactly the same for the M3 1997 same year on realoem heres the diagram.

their exactly the same?
So is it just because of that bush?

quote "These bushings have the hole off-center to give your car a little more track, caster, and camber. This style came as standard equipment on E30M3s (8/89-later) and 1995 E36 M3 but will work with any E30, E36, Z3."

IS THAT THE ONLY THING THAT MAKES IT SPORTS SUSPENSION THAT BUSH LOL

·
Banned
71 Posts
you'd have thought that BMW,being one of the most prestigious motor manufacturers in the world would have just designed wishbones/bushes that last as long as those fitted to rival cars,i've never understood why,for years,BMW can't just get a grip?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.