BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Was wondering what induction kits you would recommend for an E36 323i 1997.

Not too pricey and direct fit of course.

Thank you in advance
:thumbsup

·
Registered
901 Posts
None stick with the original air box and stick a K&n filter inside it. :thumbsup

There's also a guide to modifying the original airbox somewhere on the net. :thumbsup

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would sticking a flat k&n in the box give the same effects as a hole induction kit? ie sound and performance?

·
Registered
901 Posts
would sticking a flat k&n in the box give the same effects as a hole induction kit? ie sound and performance?
I can't say for sure about power but as for noise levels well the original airbox is what keeps the noise down in the first place so I'd have to say no. :thumbsup

Having said that though try find the guide I mentioned, I'll look for it now actually.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
ive been using a derestriced and drilled box for years and a k&n pannel inside of it with a good cold air feed works great, for the last week ive been testing the pipercross big air filer great sound but was slower and used more fuel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you have any pictures? how would i run a cold air intake and derestrict the original box

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can find one then get a Dave-F Induction kit-I organised the last ever group buy for a Dave-F AFAIK and now you can only get 2nd hand kits on ebay......first though I would put an M50B25 manifold on yours if you haven't already done it :thumbsup

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this is my dirty engine bay. i have cleaned it now so will take some nice pictures. im not sure which manifold it has. can you tell from picture? im not really clued up with cars lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks like the stndard restricted manifold that comes on a 323-you'd better off sticking an M50 on it-good for at least 20hp :cool and even more if you have a Dave-F and a remap

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so where the hell do i get a M50 from lol. and as for remapping. im waiting till my car starts b4 i do that. my immoboliser is jammed on becuase of battery probs. so need somebody to come to mine and fit a new one for me.!!! money money money"! :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could u grab me a link please. ive tired to find someone else's thread on air boxes but cant find that either

·
Registered
199 Posts
so where the hell do i get a M50 from lol. and as for remapping. im waiting till my car starts b4 i do that. my immoboliser is jammed on becuase of battery probs. so need somebody to come to mine and fit a new one for me.!!! money money money"! :(
I can sort you out with the manifold conversion. pm me if interested

·
Registered
640 Posts
If you can find one then get a Dave-F Induction kit-I organised the last ever group buy for a Dave-F AFAIK and now you can only get 2nd hand kits on ebay......first though I would put an M50B25 manifold on yours if you haven't already done it :thumbsup

As Stk said, I completely agree with this setup (even if you decide on a different make of induction kit) :thumbsup

Once you've got other bits sorted on your bimmer i.e the alarm, etc. why not give me a shout as I have a genuine K&N GenII induction kit and M50B25 manifold (with throttle body and covers) sitting in storage atm and I may not need them anymore if I move a different direction on my 328i se project. :D

Either way, all the best mate on getting that bimmer fully running again :thumbsup

·
Registered
640 Posts
I can sort you out with the manifold conversion. pm me if interested
Yes indeed - have a word with Alpina527 as (please correct me if I'm wrong) he can do a fabricated M50B25 manifold which will be a direct swap for your own manifold, as it isn't a direct swap :thumbsup

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes indeed - have a word with Alpina527 as (please correct me if I'm wrong) he can do a fabricated M50B25 manifold which will be a direct swap for your own manifold, as it isn't a direct swap :thumbsup
He does indeed and you can also get big bore throttle bodies from him too :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts