BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after buying this 323 tourer for the grand total of £325 I got it MOT'd last week.

A fail but a minor one, 7 points,

- Headlight requiring adjustment
- Window wiper gubbed
- Balljoint needing replaced
- ABS light on
- Handbrake only 14% efficient (oops!)
- Emissions too high on CO
- 1 x brakepipe corroded

All fixed so far bar the ABS malfunction, headlight and emissions. Got a guy reading faults at 4pm.

Total spent so far about 20 quid lol. Mate used to work for BMW dealer for 7 years, came and fixed it all with me.

ABS sorted then into garage for rest and retest.

Lovely Jubley

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you take your car for a drive and get it properly up to temp then the emissions will be lower :thumbsup
Failing that, I would put some 'Cataclean' into the tank following it's insutrctions. It's cleaned out my my emissions system a treat!

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you take your car for a drive and get it properly up to temp then the emissions will be lower :thumbsup
i thought they had to run the engine up to temp before testing the exhaust anyway?...

325 + a couple of quid for an up and running 323??! BARGAIN:thumbsup

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The CO was 0.54 on the first idle and 0.55 on the second. I believe 0.30 is permitted.

Since the fail I have put new oil and plugs in, this may help. The fella at the garage said he could put a cleaner through which should sort it. Ill rob get him to do that.

Off on a bit of a tangent, but when I put new oil in, I drained old out, an amazing 2 litres came out! Couldnt believe the oil lamp wasnt on lol.

I have put new tyres and new rear brakes on too, that was about 300 quid all in.

Ill have a look at cataclean, see if I can find some local (im a bit in the sticks).

Rekon with the above readings it will help?

Cheers

Gary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts