BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to put a long story short, my car wont start. its the immobilizer but there problem is when my battery kept going flat and i was jump starting it, it de-synced the whole system. so i need to order new keys and get them coded up with my immo. do you know of anybody in essex who could do this for me? as taking it to the main dealer is gona cost a bomb!

·
Registered
7 Posts
please remember to title your thread according to forum rules,I have titled it and moved it to the correct section for you this time.....

I think you may find that only the dealer can code the keys to your car

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Are you certain it's the immobiliser?

When trying to start, what happens? If it turns over, but no spark or fuel, then the EWS is reading the key, and the problem might be on the other side of the EWS, and it just needs a EWS sync.
It could also be a crank sensor in a case like that.

If it doesn't turn over, then it does look like it's not reading the key, which could be down to the pick-up antenna ring at the ignition barrel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea im sure its the immo. had it all tested. bmw need to re coded new keys for the immo. i didnt think jump starting could cause this much bother!
it doesnt turn over at all.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
New keys are around £30 from the dealer and come pre-cut and pre-coded. I'd be suprised if you can find an Indy that would be much cheaper.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have just phoned bmw and as you said billywhizz, the bloke said they come coded so i might be saving myself alot of money if that is the case! fingers crossed. will be getting the key monday so will let you know the outcome. i just want my car back!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm able to re-sync the key with your immo, but I'm far far away from you (Czech Republic, Prague).

If the problem is not in the antenna or T/R module and you're certain it's the immo, then the new keys from the dealer will solve your problem. They DO come pre-cut and pre-coded for the condition when the car left the factory, so if there weren't replaced the locks or EWS unit, OR there weren't more than 9 keys sold for your car, you should be just fine with ordering the key.

·
Vendor
4,408 Posts
If the battery was flat when you turned the key and tried to crank the car without giving it a few seconds then it may not of wrote the rolling code back
If you can send me the key,Ews box and the engine Ecu I can check and fix it for you
Bwautorepairs & bwchiptune
Unit 8 Alpha industrial estate, clayton road, hayes, middlesex, UB3 1BB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts