BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a M3 evo spoiler that came with my car.

i dont really want to drill through the boot like i did with my last e36. Is there anything anybody could recommend instead? like some sealant or somthing?

Thankyou

Kyle:D

·
Registered
640 Posts
Sorry mate, but you trying to install the spoiler right? not remove one?

If you're trying to install, you can always spend a tenner and buy a mounting kit from your local dealer (last time I check was last year and they were available then) I believe the kit comes with mounting plates, protective film, and sealant for your screw placements. This should make for a trouble free installation, but you stillll have to drill holes in your boot lid.
But if your trying to install without drilling and screwing it in, I don't believe your going to get a secure mount with any off the shelf adhesive, and it will eventually come off.

Hope that helps mate :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only reason i dont want to drill is because i wouldn't be doing it myself and i dont really want to spend much money on it. Its not necessary but it will defo make the car look a bit nicer!

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Matey, read the posting rules ref thread titling at the base of my post. Please ensure you follow them.

Titles should follow this format;

YEAR / Exx / MODEL - Issue or Problem.

We have corrected all your threads to date, all future incorrectly titled threads will be deleted. Thanks for your co-operation.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so nobody out there has ever attempted to glue a spoiler on before? lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
Tiger seal is the only thing i would and trust to do the job.

Reactions: sketcha09

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for that. will look into it. really dont want to drill through the boot lid!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Is the evo spoiler with or without the 3rd break light?
I take that if you don't want to drill any holes it's one without.

If it is indeed one without a break light, then quite possibly it will be light enough for you to use heavy duty glue (or even the same stuff as what people would use to glue the roof spoiler on the rear screen)

I have glued a non 3rd break light evo spoiler on a collegues car and it's still on after 3 years :hihi

·
Registered
65 Posts
fitted mine last week , used said tiger seal but kept having visions of it flying off down the motorway and smashing into a thousand pieces , so gave in and drilled 4 self tappers into it , didn t want to but gave me peace of mind........

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no mine is the one with the light. all though the light is missing so i need to try find one of those somewhere aswell!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts