BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi everyone can someone help me. i have checked my fuses, changed my brake switch. now the problem seems to be with my o/s rear light cluster there is power going in to the cluster, but a very low voltage coming out (fixed)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Remove the cluster and clean up all the contact points:thumbsup

IIRC the bulbs rely on the metal holding part forcing back onto the bulb in order to keep it in place. Check to see if there is enough pressure being applies to the bulb i.e. it doesn't have any movement. Compare to the other side:thumbsup

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks pal for that but have taken it to my uncles garage this morning. he is going to look at it and if no joy going to have to take it to bmw dealer, which i dont want to do unless anybody knows anyone in the northwest who will look look at it for me

·
Registered
437 Posts
Hi clark
I assume you have disconnected the motors for the roof with the little pull string under the rear seat on the nearside. I assume the 'somebody' was you :D
There is a guy on youtube who has 7 how to vids and one of them is how to reconnect the motors after you have pulled the string. I can't find it but i found him on these forums when i was searching how to change my ignition barrel. You basically have to clip the pins back into the motors (that the string pulls out) and then your singing :)
I will look for you some more and try and find the vids.

Class--

·
Banned
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
roof

hi pal, that someone wasnt me, i didnt even know it was there. it turns out my wife asked my nephew to clean the seats after he was eating toffees in it, saw the pink strap and pulled it and then pushed it back and didnt tell anyone incase he got shouted at :thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.